I am a particle physicist working in the CMS experiment at the LHC. I am interested in discovering signatures of new heavy particles that could explain dark matter, and in precision studies of the top quark, the heaviest elementary particle. I also worked on the DØ experiment at the Tevatron from 2002 to 2014, where I was involved in discovering and studying single top quark production.
Some recent results with 13 TeV CMS data from my group:
- Search for SUSY with αT at 13 TeV (ICHEP, 12.9 fb-1) CMS-PAS-SUS-16-016
And the publication with 8 TeV: Phys. Lett. B
- Differential top quark pair production cross sections in lepton + jets final states (2.3 fb-1) CMS-PAS-TOP-16-008
PHY403 - Spring 2017 - Modern Statistics and analysis of large data
Mon, Wed 10:25-11:40 B&L 269
Feel free to stop by at any time.
Past classes at Rochester:
- PHY 113A - Fall 2015 - Mechanics for life sciences
- PHY122 - Fall 2014 - Electricity and Magnetism
- PHY403 - Spring 2014 - Modern Statistics and analysis of large data
- PHY122B - Fall 2013 - Electricity and Magnetism
- PHY254/440 - Spring 2013 - Introduction to Nuclear and Particle Physics
PHY100 - Spring 2013 - Physics of the Natural World
- PHY100 - Spring 2012 - Physics of the Natural World
- PHY122 - Fall 2011 - Electricity and Magnetism
- PHY100 - Spring 2010 - Physics of the Natural World
- PHY113 - Fall 2009 - Mechanics for life sciences
- PHY121 - Spring 2009 - Mechanics for scientists and engineers
- PHY100 - Fall 2008 - Physics of the Natural World
Here is a list of the seminar and conference talks I have given.