Selected Senior (B.S.) Theses by Undergraduates
in the subject of Medical/Biological Physics
Selected PhD Theses at the University of Rochester
in the subject of Medical Physics
- D. S. Rifkin, The Localization of a Fluorescent Source in
a Turbid Medium, advisor - T. Foster, (Physics Senior Thesis, 1995).
(winner of Stoddard Prize, 1995).
- S. Chen, Confocal Fluorescence Microscopy of Multicell Tumor
Spheroids, advisor - T. Foster, (Optics Senior Thesis, 1995).
(winner of the Daniel Ward Healy, Jr. Memorial Award, 1995).
- William Marleau, Optical Spectroscopy in Highly Scattering System
s, advisor - T. Foster, 1998. (Optics Senior Thesis, 1998).
- Alexis Spillman, "Fluorescence Spectroscopy in Scattering and Absorbing
Media", advisor - T. Foster, 2000. (Optics Senior Thesis, 2000)
- Anne K. Sutherland, "Magnetic Resonance Angiography",
advisor - T. Foster, 1993. (Physics Senior Thesis, 1993). (winner of the
Stoddard Prize, 1993).
- Erez Yaakobi, "The Theory of Magnetic Resonance Imaging", advisor
- T. Foster, (Physics Senior Thesis, 1991).
Advisor Foster, T. - Optical and photodynamic properties of the higher-lying
states of rose bengal / by John Michael Larkin. AS38.663 .L37
- PhD. 2000 Curently at Augustana College --Larkin, John (Assist.
Advisor Foster, T. ,Spectroscopy and characterization of turbid media
within the diffusion and P3s approximations / by Edward L. Hull. AS38.663
- PhD 1999 Currently at InLight Solutions - Hull, Edward L. ( Sr.
Advisor Foster, T. - Transport of oxygen and light in model tumor
systems / by Michael G. Nichols. AS38.663 .N52
- PhD 1996 Currently at Creighton University -NE Nichols,
Michael (Assist. Professor)
Advisor, Knox, R. S./Bryant, R. G. - Magnetic resonance, optical,
and mathematical methods applied to studies in the biological physics of
tissues / by Thomas H. Foster. AS38.663 .F675
- PhD. 1990 Currently at the Univ. Rochester Foster, Thomas H.
(rof. of Physics and Radiology)