GOALS AND PHILOSOPHY
The goals of P235W are the following:
1) Introduce the remarkable applicability of variational principles in physics.
2) Introduce the fundamentals of the Lagrangian and Hamiltonian variational approaches to mechanics.
2) Teach powerful mathematical techniques and physical principles that underlie many other branches of physics.
3) Introduce you to the connections that bridge the gap between classical mechanics and quantum physics.
4) Develop your abilities and analytical skills that will benefit you in future physics courses.